George Barna once stated that the ideal applicants for ministry employment are those who are called by God, have Christ like character, and are functionally competent. Here at MVCS we couldn't agree more with these observations, thus as we search for new ministry team partners we seek the following qualities:
1. Sincerely Called - We seek those who are called by God and understand the big picture of ministry, how each person's role is unique and valued. It is the motivating factor that pushes us to go above and beyond the norm and invest ourselves in the mission of the school.
2. Spiritually Mature - We seek those with a personal, vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ exhibited through the fruits of the spirit, an active church life, and a commitment to live a biblical lifestyle. It was once said that, "The Christian school is not a hospital for the spiritually ill, but rather a battleground for the spiritually mature".
3. Specifically Prepared - We seek those who have specifically prepared themselves for serving in the Christian school through education, certification and experience. Proper preparation is an affirmation of the calling that one has received as well as a positive testimony in the professional community that MVCS seeks the most qualified candidates available.
If you answered "yes" to the statements above and feel that God may be leading you to serve at MVCS, please download - complete - the return our application. Please include any applicable licenses, certifications and transcripts along with the application. Copies of transcripts are acceptable for the application process. May God bless and direct your steps as you seek His will for your life!
MVCS currently has the following positions open for the 2016-17 academic year:
Steps To Employment
Faculty Openings for 2017-18
- Grade 2 Teacher - Full Time
- Band Teacher - Full Time or Part Time
- Art Teacher Grades 6-12 / Yearbook Advisor Part Time
- Grade 6-8 English - Part Time
Staff Openings for 2017-18
- Athletic Director - Part Time
- Bus Driver - CDL endorsement required
Athletic Coach Openings for 2017-18
- Middle School Volleyball Coach
* Denotes part time positions
^ Denotes seasonal positions
Submit applications to: Dr. John Foreman, Head of School
- Download the application appropriate to the position of interest listed above
Faculty Position Application
Support Staff Position Application
Coaching Position Application
- Review printed materials or website.
- Complete application and send to MVCS with an official copy of your transcript.
(NOTE: photo copies of official transcript are acceptable for pre-interview application.)
- If application is selected, you will be contacted for an interview.
If candidate is selected, then an on-campus interview will be conducted.
Full-time employees are eligible for health and dental insurance through the school, as well as a retirement plan which is available after one year of service.
Other benefits include ten sick days (three of which can be used for personal days), and 100% tuition waiver for full-time teacher's children. MVCS also provides two (paid) professional leave days per year.
MVCS has a graduation tuition assistance program available to full time teachers, based on need and available funds.